Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Be An Example of Progress

Scripture: …set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity…Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 1 Tim. 4:12-15

Observation: Paul is encouraging the young pastor, Timothy, to focus on teaching the truth to his people, setting an example for them in life, and to continue to make progress in his Christian life.

Application: This text embodies a major leadership principle of my life. I am going to lead people out of the example of my own progressing life, not out of my own perfected life. My hope is that they will be inspired to see that they can progress along with me, that we are in this journey together. This requires openness, willingness to risk not having it all together. It means allowing people into your home and life. This can be a challenge for me, but these verses encouraged me to continue to be diligent in my progress, and continue to be open is letting others see that progress as I lead them.

Prayer: God, help me continue to progress. Give me opportunity to share my advancing with others, in a way that encourages their speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity. Thanks for the opportunity, and protect my progress.

No comments: