Friday, March 2, 2012

Jesus' Frustration

Scripture:  I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.” “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” Mark 9:18-19 Observation: The disciples could not cast out the demon because they did not believe. Jesus was frustrated with their lack of faith. He wanted them to believe in him and trust him to do things. Application: I need to make sure I am praying and believing God for things in my life. I see some seemingly insurmountable obstacles ahead for our church They are not in my power to do, but I want to act in faith that God can do it. I think God is calling me to begin praying each week for God's provision. I am asking God to begin providing people for our chruch to love to Christ. Prayer: God, I believe you have called me and our church to abundance with you. Please help me to not be an unbelieving generation, nor listen to those who are from an unbelieving generation. The task ahead can only come out by prayer, by trust in Your power. Show me how to grow in my faith in trusting you for big things.

No comments: