Thursday, October 21, 2010

Filled with Joy

Scripture:    And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. Acts 13:52

Observation:   In the midst of persecution and being kicked out of the city, the disciples are able to shake the dust off their feet and leave.  But they leave full of joy and the Holy Spirit.  There is a powerful connection between the filling of the Spirit and attitude.   

Attitude is not something I produce, but the Spirit produces in me.  It is not about bucking up, putting on a good face, but connecting with the Spirit and letting him drive my joy.  Then, even in the midst of tough times, I can have an inner joy and peace and maintain control of my attitude and responses.

Application:  God has been speaking to me recently about attitude.  Specifically, the attitudes he wants me to have and not have.   Today, I hear him reminding me that the source of my attitude is not my own willpower, but hinges on my connection with his Spirit.

Prayer:  Today, I have a day planned to pray and think about my life.  I pray that it would be a day of reconnecting with the Spirit, letting you fill and control my life.  I pray I will leave this day refreshed and filled with the joy of the Spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today God is speaking to me about letting Him lead, and learning to follow Him. I am guilty of trying to "get 'er done" and sometimes I feel my wheels spinning out of control. I am praying for peace, order, and patience.

Carrie said...

This was exactly what I needed to hear today! Thank you for sharing it Thomas! May your day be one of spiritual refreshment that God uses in your life.
Blessings, Carrie Moon