Thursday, March 31, 2011

God Can Install and Uninstall Whom He Pleases

Scripture: And God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the leaders of Shechem, and the leaders of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech, Judges 9:23

Observation: Abimelech went to the leaders of Shechem, his relatives, and offered to kill his 70 brothers and become their king. Instead of 70 strangers ruling them, they could have one relative. They agreed, and yet soon they turned against Abimelech and tried to kill him. What soured their relationship so quickly? God himself. He sent an evil spirit in between them to divide their relationship. And though Abimelech had taken the throne illegally, without God's appointment, God was able to correct this.

Application: God can get his way. He can correct injustice. He is more powerful than the schemes of violent men. I am sure there were people who wondered where God was when Abimelech took over. The truth is, God was right there and he had a plan. God is able to install and uninstall people from positions.
I have seen God do this in a smaller scale in my life. People that need to be removed from a position or a a company or even a church. I wonder what God is doing and then I see his plan at work. I need to trust that God knows what he is doing and is at work, behind the scenes, to accomplish his purposes. And that sometimes he has to allow the occasional Abimelech.

Prayer: God, today I affirm my trust in your leadership. You know what you are doing. Evil does not win. Your kingdom moves forward. Help me have the peace of trusting you today.

No comments: