Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Obstacle or Opportunity?

Scripture: He lived there two whole years at his own expense, and welcomed all who came to him, proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance. Acts 28:30-31

Observation: Luke ends the book of Acts with Paul in prison for at least 2 years. Yet while in prison, the bible says he continued to proclaim Christ with boldness and without hindrance.

Application: I certainly would call being in prison a “hindrance” to proclaiming the kingdom of God. I would try to help God see that if released, I could do a much better job of proclaiming the kingdom. But not Paul. No matter his circumstances, he continued to proclaim with boldness. Paul did not see obstacles, only opportunities. How different this is from me. I tend to see the smallest of obstacles as excuses not to share.

Prayer: God, you are using Acts to challenge my notions of witnessing and boldness and obstacles. May you show me today obstacles that are really opportunities to share. I want to volunteer to be used by you this day.

No comments: