Friday, October 30, 2009

I Amaze Jesus!

Scripture: And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief. Mark 6:5-6

Observation: Jesus could do no miracles because of the rejection and unbelief he found there. Obviously Jesus can do anything, but it seems he will not do miracles where there are hard-hearts and rejection.

Application: Yesterday I got great news about a friend of mine I have been praying for to come out of a horrible medical situation. I was so excited that the first words out of my mouth were, “I don’t believe it.” I felt God say, “And that’s your problem.” I wonder—are there miracles Jesus hasn’t done in my life because I do not believe? Could it be that Jesus marvels at my unbelief even more, because I am already a believer and should know better. Maybe I amaze Jesus too with my unbelief.

Prayer: God, I do believe. Help my unbelief. I don’t want to amaze you in the wrong way. I want to believe in your power to heal and change hearts. Let me have faith to expect today.

No comments: