Monday, August 17, 2009

Woe to the Shepherds

Scripture:  "Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!" declares the LORD.

  Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel concerning the shepherds who are tending My people: "You have scattered My flock and driven them away, and have not attended to them; behold, I am about to attend to you for the evil of your deeds, " declares the LORD.

  "Then I Myself will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and bring them back to their pasture, and they will be fruitful and multiply. Jeremiah 23


Observation:
1. The sheep belong to God (My pasture).
2. The problem is shepherds who fail to attend to the sheep.
3. God's desire is fruitfulness and multiplication.
4. God will hold shepherds accountable.

Application: I destroy and scatter the sheep of God's pasture (congregation of PRC) when I fail to attend to them in a way that helps them be fruitful and multiply.

Prayer:. God, I don't want to hear these words. Forgive me for where we are failing to attend to your sheep you've entrusted to our care. Sober us with the reality of your expectation and the surety of your inspection. Make us good shepherds who attend to your flock.

No comments: