Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Lord is my song

Scripture: Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. Isaiah 12

Observation: God is my song. He is what I sing in my heart. What he has done in my life is the tune of my days. His anger is turned from me. His comfort is given to me. He can hold my trust and deal with my fears. He gives me strength. He allows me to draw from the springs of salvation.

Application: I need to sing this song more. I need to make known his deeds among the peoples, and make them remember his name is exalted. We worship God as a response to who he is and what he has done. I focus on the former--who he is. But often I fail to sing about what he has done. I need to tell God in worship and others in my life the things God has done. I need to sing the song of salvation.

Prayer: God, Today, may I really enjoy the worship time at church. Help me to remember it is about You and what You have done. Let me be free to celebrate my salvation. And let me carry that song into my neighborhood in my relationships with Brian and Laurie.

No comments: