Thursday, July 9, 2009

Observe Kindness and Justice--July 7th

Scripture: Sow with a view to righteousness. Reap in accordance with kindness (Hosea 10:12)...Observe kindness and justice and wait for your God continually (Hosea 12:6)
Observation: God shows his passion for justice and kindness. So why does His passion get labeled as "social justice" and dismissed as liberal?
Application: Observing kindness and justice has to start in my own home--in the way I treat my family. Am I kind to my kids by being patient with them and speaking softly to them? Am I just with my kids, in making sure they get their dad, not what is left over? Beyond this, what do I need to do to live out and model the kind of justice God speaks about here and in Isaiah 58?
Prayer: God, I pray you would build the truths of kindness and justice in my heart and life. That these would not merely be teaching points for a message. Guide me as I guide Pulpit Rock to become a church that does the word. Also, give me patience with my kids to speak kindness to them. Amen.

3 comments:

Court said...

Thomas ~ this is great! I can't wait to use this in my daily walk. Thanks for being so open to the Holy Spirit and for allowing the Lord to work in your life and through you! ~ Courtney

Joeloise Ghrist said...

I really like the S.O.A.P. method. Thanks for sharing it!!

2Unation said...

It makes me sad to hear of Christians who are dismissing the "social justice" movement because they think people are being just without sharing Christ. Can't we do both? What about the Good Samaritan? He didn't "share Christ" with his words, but look at the impact his actions had. I just hope Christians aren't dismissing issues that obviously BREAK God's heart, just because some people in the movement aren't as vocal as they would like. Actions do speak louder than words, ESPECIALLY to non-believers. And honestly, for far too long it seems like most Christians have just had all the right words.