Monday, March 8, 2010

Rejoice that Your Names are Written in Heaven

Scripture: Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20

Observation: After the disciples return from a ministry trip, they are amazed at the spiritual power they have. Even demons are subject to them because of the name of Christ. Jesus agrees that the enemy has been defeated, but then he cautions the disciples about rejoicing over their spiritual blessings, when the truest blessing is the promise of eternal life.

Application: It is easy for me to celebrate what God has done in my life now, and not pay attention to the greatest blessing—my name is written in heaven. Greater than and earthly blessing that God might bring my way is my forgiveness, my relationship with him, my salvation. I want to raise the value of our salvation in my thinking and speaking.

Prayer: God, help me see and help me lead my family and church to see the great value of our salvation. We ought to rejoice over our names being written in Heaven.

No comments: