Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Walking Away


Scripture: Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:17-18

Observation: Paul is explaining what it means to be a follower of Christ. Part of what it means is that we are to go out, be separate, and touch not. This is an intentional separation from evil. And he also lays out what God will do: God will welcome, God will be a father, and we will be His sons and daughters.

Application: I am seeing this call to purity in my preparation for the Sacred Sexuality series. As much as I might wave the banner of freedom and grace, there still is a call for me to follow Christ into going out, separating from, and touching not. I need to tighten up my laxness in the area of purity. I can see how I have let things slide in to where I no longer am sensitive to them.

Prayer: God, make me sensitive again. Point things I need to go out from, separate from, and touch not. I want to please you more than I want to fulfill my desires. Show me where I need to walk away.

No comments: