Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sometimes We Forget

Scripture: For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. (2 Peter 1:9 ESV)

Observation: Peter tells us we have all we need for life because of the divine power that called us, promised us, made us partakers of his divine nature. People that recognize this make every effort to pursue the qualities of God in their lives. However, some people we see are true believers, but do not have these qualities. What gives? The answer is they have forgotten their salvation. They forgot they have been cleansed. They have become so nearsighted that they are blind, totally missing out on the big picture—that they are born again.

Application: I must remind us what happened to us. I must show us the big picture. We can get so nearsighted, focused on our day to day, that we miss the grand scheme of God. This series starting in the fall is my shot at reminding us.

Prayer: God, please help this series accomplish more than I ask or imagine. Help us to truly revel in the riches of your grace. Please guide me this morning as I prepare.

No comments: