Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We Need it Every Day

Scripture: But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
(Hebrews 3:13 ESV)


Observation: We are living in “Today,” a tough time to live for God. All around us is the deceitfulness of sin, the temptation to give up, give out, or give in. And we know that God has given us the power in Him to endure. But when our resolve flags, we need each other to keep going. We need the encouragement every day to make it to the end.

Application: I have not been very encouraging towards my wife. She does so much, and so sometimes I take her for granted. I think she has got it all handled. But Hebrews says that everyone needs encouragement every day. I need to make it a point to encourage her each day.

Prayer: God, thanks for your reminder. Thanks for my wife. Help me encourager her every day, as long as it is called “today.” And please speak to her and lift her heart today.

No comments: