Monday, September 7, 2009

His Time Is Short--Yet Still He Fights

Scripture: Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. Revelation 12:17

Observation: Revelation 12 pulls back the curtain on a conflict that has raged from before creation between Christ and Satan. Satan rebelled against God but was defeated and cast out so that there was no longer any place for him in heaven. But he lost more than that. He lost his power to accuse believers because when he accuses, we overcome him with the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. So, having lost his battle to overthrow Christ, and having lost his power to successfully accuse Christ’s followers, he furiously makes war on believers—those who obey God and believe Christ. He does this because his time is short. This war, while real, is the desperate act of a losing man.

Application:
1. Satan’s war against me is real.
2. He will lose this war, for we will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.
3. My only defense against Satan is not tough words or ignoring him, but holding fast to Jesus.


Prayer: God, this war is real and rages even now, though I cannot see it. Give me perception to see Satan’s hand at work. Thank you for reminding me today to retreat behind the blood of the lamb, and of my need to hold to the testimony of Jesus. I proclaim you as the overcomer in my life. Thanks for fighting in my place.

No comments: