Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Only As He Allows

Scripture: Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. Revelation 13:7

Observation: During the last days, the beast (probably a world leader) will rise to power and one act will be to successfully make war against believers. The key word here in the verse is allowed. God allows this ‘success’ for his purposes.

Application: I must remember as I read Revelation that at all times God is in control and his plan is intact. Satan, the antichrist, judgments, even the apparent defeat of the saints only happen as allowed by God. At no time is God’s kingdom in serious jeopardy.

Prayer: God, thank you for your sovereign command over the kingdoms of this world. You are in control. Today, I trust your control in the conversation I need to have with my neighbor.

No comments: