Thursday, September 10, 2009

Those Who Had Conquered

Scripture: And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands. Revelation 15:2

Observation: Before the 7 final judgments fall, John sees a large group in heaven standing by a sea of glass. These are the ones who conquered the beast. Satan may have conquered them through death, but they have conquered him by life after death, through the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony (Rev. 12:11). They get the last laugh because they get to see Satan’s ultimate and permanent defeat.

Application: Why does it say they had conquered instead of the more religiously correct, “Christ conquered through them?” Is there some power or victory we get to have? I know that whatever the victory was, it was not achieved through their own willpower or discipline, but by the blood of the lamb and the words of their testimony. How can I rely on these two things so I can also be a conqueror in my life?

Prayer: God, you have been speaking to me this last month about overcoming. This is not a language I feel comfortable using. But open me up to your word, especially verses like Revelation 15:2. Help me to receive all you want me to know and learn about conquering and victory over darkness in my life and others.

No comments: