Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Think I Just Stumped God...oh, wait.

Scripture: But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. Matthew 22:29

Observation: The Sadducees hope to show how silly the idea of the resurrection is by asking Jesus an absurd question about a woman whose 7 husbands died. Jesus tells them they have two problems. 1) They don’t know what the bible says about a resurrection, and 2) they don’t know how powerful God is. God is so powerful and heaven so unimaginable, that our questions and arguments seem silly. We think we are so smart that we can trap God into admitting a mistake. These guys thought they could stump Jesus, and all they did was reveal how finite their minds are.

Application: God is powerful enough to work out any situation. When I cannot see how, when his ways seem illogical, when it seems I have trapped Him with a great question, all it does is reveal how little I know of God’s word and His power. There are a few knotty questions I have about the future—How will God do it? The answer is found in God’s word and his power.

Prayer: May I know your word and believe it. May I know your power and pray for it. God I am trusting you in huge ways to show me your power. Help me believe and lead others to believe in your power to create and solve and move mountains.

No comments: